Saturday, June 29, 2013

The Ott House- Emmitsburg MD


I met some friends at a pub in Emmitsburg this past Thursday for a bite to eat before a meeting we were attending. Located at 5 W. Main street, Emmitsburgh it is literally right in the center of town. 


The bar is very typical of many Maryland bars. It definitely has a local flavor and everyone seems to know everyone here. The place is huge and sports many tables to eat or drink. It was fairly quiet when I walked in but a steady stream of patrons came through the door as we were in the place. I was told that by 7 it would be packed.


Emmitsburg is home to the Fire Academy, and apparently the Ott House is the place where the fire cadets frequent. The walls are plastered with thousands of badges from firehouses all over the world. There are numerous items of firehouse memorabilia including pull boxes, signs, and many fire hats. Some of the hats were leather ones. 
The staff was friendly and right on point. Never over whelming or pushy, always there when needed.


The food was typical bar fair. The pricing was rather low making for a very affordable meal.
I had the soft crab sandwich. I have to say it was one of the better soft crab sandwiches I have had. I like my soft crab nice and crisp and it did not fail to deliver. The corn meal coating was perfect in my book. One of my friends had the same sandwich and we both agreed it was darn good. My other two friends had burgers. Their empty plates testified to the fact they liked it. 

rating; solid 8.5 (yes, I am becoming a little more conservative in my ratings)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! looks like a cool place. I will have to stop in, when I go the the fire academy next year.

    ReplyDelete